Saturday, August 25, 2012

5 months

This month Em is a total momma’s girl.  When Lan is holding her and she sees me, she immediately wants me.  When she is crying, she wants me to comfort her.  She loves her momma.  I have loved being home with her this month.  My house was actually clean!  I got to spend all day with my sweet girl playing, going on walks, visiting with friends, and just hanging out. 

We took our first family vacation to Mt. Hermon with my parents, brother, sister in law and nephew.  My sister also joined us half way though the week.  It was an 8 hour car ride there, and Em did amazing.  We were exhausted at the end of every day but had so much fun.  We were able to take an open air train ride to the board walk, go in a rowboat, and swim.  The week went way too fast.

Weight: 14 lbs

Length: 25.5 in

_MG_0953_MG_0960_MG_0983_MG_0987_MG_1001_MG_1002_MG_1016_MG_1012

challenges:

It is a lot more difficult to go places like restaurants or grocery shopping.  When I used to go out, Em would fall asleep in the car, or I could put her to sleep in her car seat and stroller.  She has become a lot more picky about where she sleeps (preferring her crib) and it is hard for her to sleep while out and about.  I tend to do my grocery shopping with her in one arm and pushing the cart with the other. 

Em’s new tricks and triumphs:

  She is a TOTAL thumb sucker now.  She is constantly sucking her thumb.  Lan and I have started taking her thumb out of her mouth (unless she is upset and using it to sooth).  I need to get better about working with her an a pacifier.  We found one that she likes, but she just doesn’t know how to keep it in her mouth.

She is one step closer to crawling.  She is able to get her butt up in the air.

She can also roll to get a toy that she wants.  She moves all over her crib at night.  If you put her down in one spot, you are almost guaranteed that she will be in a different spot when you go check on her.

She is very interested in food.  She looks at us like “aren’t you going to share with me?”  We sometimes put a little water on a spoon and she puts it in her mouth herself.  She also loves to drink small amounts of water out of a cup.  I am set on not introducing solids until 6 months…. but I am certain that she will do great when we do.

Things that I love:

She giggles like crazy when you kiss her tummy.  Em and I play a game where I kiss her on her cheek and she gives me a big open mouth kiss on my cheek.  We just keep going back and forth.  We also play a game where she sticks out her tongue and I try to grab it.

Lan and Em play peek a boo together.  Lan will put Em’s hands over his eyes and say “Where is Em, I can’t see her anywhere” then he will move her hands and say “There she is!”.  Em gets so excited.  It is the cutest thing to watch. 

Things I have learned:

You start to miss things that you didn’t think you would miss.  There have been weeks when she sleeps though the night, and then weeks where she doesn’t.  I know that once she consistently sleeps though the night I am going to miss those middle of the night snuggles. 

Another thing I have learned is that I would love to be a stay at home mom.  I wasn't board and felt like there were always things to do.  I loved that my house was clean.  I loved that I got to spend all day with my baby.  I loved that I had freedom and time to to crafts and blog.  Next month is going to be a big challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment