Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Orange Scented Vinegar

Photo Jan 01, 1 03 43 PM
I love vinegar…. I hate the vinegar smell though.  Vinegar is an excellent cleaning product.  It disinfects, is antibacterial, gets rid of mold, etc.  Pretty much… It a green cleaning rock star.  The only reason I don’t use it more around the house is because my husband loathes the smell.  I admit, it isn’t a favorite smell of mine either. 
A while ago I read about how you can use orange peels to take the vinegar smell out of vinegar and leave a fresh citrus sent.  I thought it was worth a shot.  I had about a quarter of a bottle left so I just peeled some cuties from my neighbors tree and dropped them in.  You are supposed to let it sit for a month for it to have it full effect, but after just an hour I saw a huge difference. 
To make your own:
Have a container with vinegar in it
Jam it full of orange peels.
Put it under your kitchen sink for the next month…. or if you are impatient like me…use right away :)
done!
Now that I have some yummy smelling vinegar, there may be a whole string of vinegar related posts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment