Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Low carb creamy chicken enchiladas
2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded or 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
1 can mild green chilies
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (I have used kale or spinach instead and its delicious)
1 c chicken broth
1 c sour cream (regular or light sour cream works well)
2 c. shredded Mexican cheese (regular or reduced fat cheese works well)
8 Carb Counting Whole Wheat Mission Tortillas (3 carbs) or a similar low carb tortilla
1) Cook the onion and bell pepper. (I cook them with some seasoning) Combine the chicken, veggies, and chilies.
2) In a sauce pan heat the chicken broth to a simmer. Take off the heat and whisk in 1 c. sour cream and 1 c. cheese
3) Add 1 c. of the sauce to the chicken mixture.
4) pour some sauce in the casserole dish so that the enchiladas do not stick. Fill the tortillas nad lay them in the dish seam side down
5) Pour the rest of the sauce over the tortillas and top with remaining cheese
Cook covered with foil for about 30 min until warm and bubbly. Remove the foil and brown an additional 10 min.