Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bruxie

IMG_0557

In old town Orange there is a waffle stand that has a line down the street.  Bruxie specializes in waffle sandwiches and Belgium waffles.  That’s right… waffles are no longer just delivery devices for gooey syrup.  They are instead stuffing them with everything from salmon and cream cheese to eggs and bacon… and I am hooked.  That’s right ladies and gentlemen, a savory waffle is delicious. 

IMG_0558

Above is my waffle with salmon and cream cheese.  Lan got prosciutto and gruyere and we split both.  The waffle was crispy and tender.  I don’t know why… but it works.

IMG_0556

Lan also got us a Belgium waffle with Nutella on the side.  Yum.  They are made just like they are in Belgium, not with regular sugar, but with pearl sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm hearing all kinds of things about this place! I guess I should go.

    ReplyDelete