Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Make Your Own Glass Cleaner

(Really I use this as a multipurpose cleaner but don't use it on finished wood or marble)

Make your own glass cleaner! It is super easy and very green. In an effort of trying to rid my house of toxic chemicals and fumes, I have looked into green solutions. Making your own glass cleaner is so simple, and I think it works even better than the store bought kind of cleaner. Here is what you need:

Spray bottle
White Vinegar
water

in the beginning I also use a squirt of castile soap. When you use other cleaners they have some sort of oil or wax in them that leave a film on your glass. Use a squirt of the castile soap the first time you make it so that it cuts that. The more you clean your mirror, the better it will look.

mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle. If it is the first time you are making it, then add a squirt of castile soap. Wipe the mirror until it is fully dry and it will look fantastic. After the first time you don't need to include the castile soap. If you have an aversion to the smell of vinegar (it won't be strong because it is diluted) you can add a few drops of essential oil. I would suggest perhaps lemon grass or lavender since they repel flies!

happy cleaning

1 comment:

  1. just cleaned the kitchen and am loving my cleaner. The spots that were extra greasy I just used a little bit more of the castile soap. It was much easier than the store bought products!

    ReplyDelete