Sunday, May 8, 2011

Teacher Fail!

Friday, I was teaching my class about energy. We were learning about fuel, electrical, and food energy. While reading about food energy, I asked my class to stop and critically think about where our bodies store excess energy when we don’t burn it. Due to some unfortunate hand gesturing on my part (I was sitting in a chair, encouraging them to keep guessing with my hands... you know that motion), I accidentally lead my class to believe that it is stored in boobs. And guess who was the last one to catch on.. yep... me. I didn't get why my kids looked so confused and embarrassed until a little boy said he didn't want to say because it was inappropriate. “Inappropriate” I say in a loud voice. “What are you thinking of because I am no thinking of anything inappropriate...” immediately followed by “wait no don't tell me I don't want to know, I don't want to know.” All this while my previously embarrassed boys are now eager to share what they thought I was talking about. Yes... my class thought that I was talking about my boobs. teacher fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment