Wednesday, October 19, 2016

low carb chocolate chip cookies

With Carbquick that I posted about in This blog post, I made these chocolate chip cookies.  I cooked them in two batches and unfortunately let both batches go a min too long.  oops.  Even though they were overdone, they ended up soft and yummy.  Im excited to try these again and if cooking them a minute less will make them gooy.  I tend to be picky when it comes to cookies.

This is where you can find the original recipe.

I couldn't find brown sugar twin so I used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend.  I also didn't use reglar semisweet chocolate chips since I had added carbs from the Splenda substitution.  Instead I just used a brick of unsweetened baking chocolate.  I used my knife and broke up the baking chocolate into small chunks.  This whole recipe ended up making 52 cookies for me and when I calculated it, each of my cookies came out to 2 1/4 carbs per cookie.  Not Bad!

My home made cookie tips (low carb or traditional)
-refrigerate or freeze your dough after you put them on the cookie sheet for at least 10 min.  This is the secret of why break and bake cookies always come out so good and home made ones are flat.  You want cold dough.  Baking frozen dough works too.
-take your cookies out of the oven a little before you think they are done.  Once they are no longer shiny on top, they are done.  if you wait until they are browned then you have waited too long.
-let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before putting them on a cooling rack.
-Use a small cookie scoop such as this one when forming your dough balls.  They come out uniform so they cook evenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment