The finishing of Noah’s puff quilt was like a marathon. On Wednesday I finished all of my puffs. I laid them out in a pattern that I thought was pretty :) Then Friday I had to get it all done for the Saturday shower. Nothing like waiting until the last minute :) Hey I moved… I have good excuses :)
I first sewed all of the puffs into rows, and then all of the rows together. All of the puffiness made it hard to sew… so I did a lot of squishing :)
After I got all of the puffs together (the wee hours of the morning) I had a little mini party and showed the boys that were a movie. I am sure that they were uber interested in the top of the baby blanket I was making…. but they appeased me with oooohs and awwwws.
I layered the back fabric, the batting, and the top with basting spray between each layer to keep it from sliding around.
Then pinned on the binding. I decided to buy binding because of my little time dilemma. I found this satin binding and decided the pricy $7 price tag was worth it when I found it on Thursday night. While I was pinning it on at 2am, I knew I had made the right decision.
At 3am…. this was the blurry eyed result. FINISHED! and cute too if I do say so myself. I decided at that point that I would quilt the layers together in the morning. I woke up at 8:30 and decided to just put a few stitches at each of the corners of the puffs. At 10am… I was finally finished. I got dressed super quick, “wrapped” the gift and dashed off to the 11am shower. But not before snapping a few poorly light, slightly blurry photos with my iphone.
I would definitely make one again (because they are so cute and cozy), but definitely only for my own kids… or perhaps for another niece or nephew… but that is it :)