Friday, January 28, 2011

Blue Cheese Alfredo with Steak

I love pasta, and one of my favorites is the Steak and Gorgonzola Alfredo from Olive Garden. Mmmm soooo good. Lan and I are trying to save money so I tried my hand at making my own version, inspired by the Olive Garden favorite. I had some Blue Cheese Laughing Cow Cheese that I got for a buy one, get one deal, so I decided to use this… result… yum!

IMG_0464

1 can chicken broth

1 large Tbs. chopped garlic

3-4 wedges light Blue Cheese Laughing Cow

1/4 c. parmesan, or to taste

1 Tbs. butter

2 Tbs. flour

1. In a sauce pan, simmer chicken broth and garlic about 5 min. Take out a little bit of broth, and let it cool.

2. Mix in the flour to form a paste. Add this paste to the broth and mix well. Add the Laughing Cow and smash it in with the back of your spoon mixing well.

3. Add parmesan and let it simmer until thickened. Right before you serve, melt in 1 Tbs. butter.

Serve over pasta and add steak if you like… I do :) We had some left over from another meal. Super fast, easy and yummy. It is the type of meal where you can keep the ingredients on hand since laughing cow keeps a long time.

serves 2 hungry people

No comments:

Post a Comment