Monday, January 24, 2011

Reusable Swiffer Cloths

I saw this tutorial online about making reusable Swiffer cloths. I got really excited about it… not only is it better for our environment than throwing cloths away every time you use them, but it would also save money. So, I printed out the tutorial to make at a later time. It was this little sock looking thing that you sew together. I keep thinking about it and promising myself that it will be my next project… then I had a stroke of genius this weekend. Why not just cut the piece of fabric the same size as an actual Swiffer cloth and shove it through the holes… just like an actual Swiffer cloth. I know what you are thinking…. Genius!

This whole time I was making this way too complicated. Why sew a Swiffer sock when I can just cut the right kind of cloth and call it a day. Now don’t shake your head at me thinking I am stupid…I have had a lot on my mind. So, with my project dramatically simplified, I finally did it. I took this pair of fuzzy P.J.s that I have never warn …because, well they are ugly…. and cut them to the right length. Then I proceeded to Swiffer everything!

These cloths work absolutely amazingly and they didn’t cost me a penny. I personally think they work better than an actual Swiffer cloth. When I was done I shook them out in the trash and then threw (or will wash them later when I get around to it) them in the wash. I have been walking on my floors barefoot for the last four days and they are still clean :) Just look at all the dirt I swiffered up…and I haven’t even lived here that long!

IMG_0400

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I hate paying good money for these dumb things so I'll have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete